Hi, balena_NOOB here. Tech savvy, just brand new to balena.
I’m having trouble getting sound through HDMI from a rpi 4, 8gb.
I’ve looked through the other “sound trouble” posts on the forum.
- Press Deploy with Balena on BalenaDash github page
- Accepting all defaults - name balena-dash, Pi 4, Starter, press Create and deploy button on the dashboard popup that shows up
- From applications screen click on the balena-dash application
- On the devices page wait for the “building release” to finish
- Click on the Add device button
- On Add new device screen rpi4, balenaOS, V2.73.1+rev1, click on development, Ethernet only – then click on Download
- Unzip img file, burn to microsd card
- Boot pi4. Wait for it to show up on devices tab
- Click on name of device. Wait for updating to finish
- Under Device Variables tab, add AUDIO_OUTPUT variable with a value of RPI_HDMI0
- Under Device service variables add variables to the kiosk service: SHOW_CURSOR value 1, CONFIG_MODE value 1, LAUNCH_URL value https://youtube.com
- Wait for pi to start service - YouTube shows up
- Click on a video - YouTube looks like it is starting the video, then gives a black screen with Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
Help! I’m trying to make solid units that I can deploy for 4 teachers at the school where I teach. What am I doing wrong?