Here’s a bit of a weird one. Was using Etcher v1.5.109 and wrote a couple RPi images to an SD card. In the same sitting went to write another one and got a “User did not grant permission” error.
The weird thing is it worked fine for those first couple images and then it stopped. I think Win10 did something mysterious.
I’ve tried a few different things to try and get it working again and nothing seems to work. I’ve tried:
- Running as administrator
- Lowering UAC
- Disabling Controlled folder access
- Turning off virus protections
- Using the portable Etcher version
- Upgrading to v1.5.110
None of these do anything different. I’m sure it is some Windows thing, but I’ve tried every suggested option and nothing works.