balenaechter error message

Hello all,
I wanted to flash the image NextCloudPi image from ownyourbits.com to a SD via BalenaEtcher so I can use my RaspberryPi 4 as a cloud.
But when I selected the file comes the same error message. See picture.
Version 1.5.113.
Thanks for the help, I am really desperate.
JakeGameScreenshot 2021-01-12 201604

Hi @JakeGame, welcome to the Forums!

What operating system are you using to run etcher? Are you running as a user with administrative permissions?

Could you take a look at the developer console (Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows, Command+Option+I on OS X, or under the View menu), and share the output when you try to flash the image?

Thanks!
Felipe

Hi,
Win10.
Yes, I’m running the program with administrative permissions.

Hi again, did you install Etcher using the Installer or are running with the portable image? If using the installer, could you retry with the portable version (here is a link) and make sure the correct permissions are setup by performing the following steps

• Right-click on the downloaded .exe to open the list of options and click on Run as administrator option.
  • if prompted by User Access Control (UAC) prompt by Windows, then click on Yes to apply permissions to allow the program to run with full permission as an administrator.

If you are not prompted by UAC and still see “User did not grant permission.” then it’s possible that UAC was disabled and your user account does not have the permissions required to mount disks. Let us know if you have any issues regarding this as well.

Thank you

Thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, all this did not work and I still get the same error message.

Hey @jakegame, did you at any point see a dialog popup called “User Account Control” asking whether or not to give permissions to this app?

It’s possible you would have seen this popup either right after selecting “Run as administrator” or maybe later at the start of the flashing process? The Standard Windows 10 user accounts will be presented with this message unless UAC was disabled, or the hidden Administrator account was used.

With the Always notify or Default UAC setting enabled, your desktop will be switched to the dimmed secure desktop when you get an elevation request by the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.