STL files for Fin case

Are there plans to release the STL files for the Fin cases, so that we could print our own ones or modify the case i.e. for deploying Fin more easily with own addon-boards / “Hats” / similar :slight_smile:?

Best,

Nico

2 Likes

Hi Nico, I do believe we plan to release the STEP files for the Fin cases, so that you can print your own. @curcuz can share more :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be awesome :slight_smile: !

hey @nmaas87 any update on this? Is there an ETA?

I have the fin board on order and am working on a project where we are looking to use it for the first 100-500 units but I need to start working on the enclosure design.

Thanks!

Hey @rcullen! We’re actually making some big improvements to the case design, and hoping to wrap that up this week or next. I believe we still plan to share the files once they are finalized but we’ll confirm. cc @curcuz @konmouz

1 Like

Amazing. Could I request to be notified/sent the file once it’s ready? We are super excited to work with the fin board. I have the hardware inbound, I have my cellular modem ready, I have a hologram sim card…

Thanks guys!

1 Like

I am sure they will post something here as soon as the STL files are ready :slight_smile:

Is the plan to still share these STL files?

Brad, Nico,

We received the latest iteration of the Fin case this month. The plan is to share the STL files and data sheet in the next week or two, now that we are confident that all our CAD files are correct.

I will update this thread as soon as the files are released.

Cheers!

1 Like

Awesome @ntzovanis - thanks a lot for the update :slight_smile:

Team! some update on the STL? or similar to customize the case, we need include a AudioCard with the FIN

Hi Alejandro,

It will be available in the next two or three days. Will update as soon as it’s ready.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Did you ever finish the STL/STP files for the Fin case? We could also do with them.

1 Like

@nmaas87 @rcullen @smithrb @mediainbox @clong here you will find the STL files for each module of the case. We will be uploading more information soon, I’ll make sure to update this thread when it is available.
bottom.stl (573.3 KB)
light guide.stl (185.0 KB)
ring1.stl (281.5 KB)
ring2.stl (3.5 MB)
top lid.stl (337.3 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the update and files :)!
I guess the rings are for different kind of expansions you could add to fin? :slight_smile:

Nico, that’s exactly the purpose of the ring base design. :wink:

1 Like