problems with raspberry pi sound

Well, I put everything as it is and the sound does not work for the 3.5 mm jack and the device if it was restarted but still does not go through the jack to the amplifier and has also been tested with headphones and the result is the same still not heard

Hi there,

Is it possible for you to enable support access in the dashboard and send us the device UUID (forum DM is fine) so that I can double-check the configuration?

Thanks,
James.

hello of course I can tell me how it’s done and I’ll give it to you so you can look at it

Open the device in the balenaCloud dashboard, click on actions -> enable support access. Then copy the device UUID and send it to me. You can either paste it here or DM me.

I leave you the access code I hope you know that I may have bad because you can listen to it through HDMI
603123901bf0cd880796e618652150aa

Hi Gabriel,
It looks like the support access is still not granted. Could you please follow the instructions on this page

and then send us the device UUID.
Thanks.

Hello good, try now and tell me if you can and tell me where is the fault because I am going crazy

Hi, I verified the device configuration and can confirm that you set it correctly, as it was described in this thread earlier.
I also see a lot of errors reported by snapcast-client service on your device. Let me check with our balenaSound maintainers to see if they triage these errors.

Sure no problem, what I don’t understand is because the audio from the jack doesn’t come out

Hello, does the snapcast have to do with the audio not coming out of the 3.5 jack?

Hi Gabriel, I’m Tomas one of balenaSound mantainers.

Snapcast souldn’t be related to your problem, though you can disable Snapcast/Multi-room feature and see if that helps. To do so, you need to create an env var called DISABLE_MULTI_ROOM, you can read more about it here: https://github.com/balenalabs/balena-sound#multi-room

As far as I can tell from the error logs my colleague collected, snapcast is not being able to see your sound card. That might indicate a hardware problem, but to confirm, can you extend support access for your device so I can take a look at it?

Hello, of course I can extend the support of the balena, the strange thing is what I said at the beginning for the HDMI yes and for the 3.5mm jack no

Hello Gabriel, I just took a look at the device. It looks like the audio device tree was disabled. If you go to Device configuration and look for Define DT parameters you will notice that it says audio=off. This is effectively disabling the audio card, the OS can’t detect one and so it’s complaining about it. You should edit that so that it reads: "i2c_arm=on","spi=on","audio=on". I assume you set this to off yourself when troubleshooting the device? If not, have you seen this suggested elsewhere? Trying to figure out if this is somehow implied on our documentation and we are not aware of. Also, i don’t think the config variable RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_hdmi_ignore_edid_audio is needed, you can safely remove that as well.

Hello I have tried what you have told me and I am still without luck if you could change the config from there I would appreciate it because I still cannot get it to work

Hi again,

I’ve just had a look at the config and it looks correct (support agents are not able to change the config for a device, this is a security feature). As Tomas said, you do still ahve the RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_hdmi_ignore_edid_audio variable set, which can be removed.

I’m going to quickly try the same setup you have here, just to ensure that there’s no issue with the project, but it is starting to appear that this may be a hardware issue (I personally have a Pi3 where the audio jack is extremely unreliable). Do you have a spare Rpi3 that you could test with?

Best regards,

Heds

Hi,

I’ve just tried the balena-sound project here on two of my own RPi3s, and both of them work as expected. I’d strong urge you to try a different device to see if you have the same problem.

Best regards,

Heds

Hello again,

The problem is, I don’t have a spare raspberry pi to test with, I’m considering reinstalling the balena

Hi Gabriel, yes I think starting from a new app and reinstalling balenaOS would be a good test, but it might be that the audio is damaged on your Pi in some way. So if a full re-setup doesn’t help, it might be worth testing the audio on a rasbian OS just to validate the hardware is still in a good state.

Hello friend, I am thinking that I am going to try raspbian to discard. In case raspbian works and in balena I was not going to do it, what options are there other than balena sound?

I think that will be a good test. I don’t know all the solutions and it depends on what you need from a music system, but I have heard good things about https://volumio.org/