No Sound After Fresh Install

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can re-deploy the fleet via the balena “One-Click” method - you just need to use the same name as your internal fleet and then it will overwrite the code / rebuild and redeploy while your devices stay still connected to balenaCloud / without a need to reburn sdcards and such.

Edit: Yes I checked with my udp-packet-forwarder. That does work. But maybe @tmigone knows of another way which would be even more elegant, that was just me being a brute and trying it like tht :smiley:

@syco54645, the method @nmaas87 described is one of the alternatives.

Basically your fleet only sees 3.8.2 because it’s the only release (or the latest) that you pushed to it. You need to create and push a new release to your fleet. To do that you can use the same deployment method you used initially. There are two main methods to deploy: one-click (using the deploy button) or cli (running balena push cli command). Here is a description and guide for both: https://github.com/balenalabs/balena-sound/blob/master/docs/01-getting-started.md. If you try the “one-click” route just be sure to do as Nico said and deploy to your existing fleet rather than creating a new fleet (you’ll get a modal pop up that will let you choose).

1 Like

thanks @nmaas87 and @tmigone for the explanation.

1 Like

Still doesnt work for me even after updating to 3.8.4. I am attaching my logs.
esco-sound_dull-time-06.02.22_18_11_30_(+0000).txt (122.5 KB)

can anyone confirm it this latest update fixes their audio problems?

The new version fixed my audio issues. Looking at your logs I am unsure what the issue is. What device are you using?

I am using Pi 3B

what about these logs?
esco-sound_dull-time-06.02.22_19_06_40_(+0000).txt (116.4 KB)

The mdns logs are just a result of one of the underlying libraries. Should be gone in newer versions i believe

@fopoku2k2 since this is an old post- were you able to figure this one out?

been fixing this for hours, any idea how to fix this?? Balenablock Audio

audio E: [pulseaudio] module-alsa-card.c: Failed to find a working profile.
audio E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module “module-alsa-card” (argument: "device_id=“1” name=“platform-fef05700.hdmi” card_name=“alsa_card.platform-fef05700.hdmi” namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes avoid_resampling=yes card_properties=“module-udev-detect.discovered=1"”): initialization failed.
audio E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket /host/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory