Just installed. I just get a blank window.

I just installed on my Windows 10 machine. It just comes up as a blank window with Etcher in the top left of the title bar and minimize and exit on the right side.

So I uninstalled and then tried the portable. Exact same issue.

Anybody know what to do next?

I’m on a different computer and it works there. I don’t know why it doesn’t work on my laptop.

Hi Darcy,

Can you open the developer tools by pressing Control+Shift+I and send us what you see on the “Console” pane?

I’m having the same issue (on installing v1.5.74), this is the error I got in the console:

{"stack":"TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object\n at Function.entries (<anonymous>)\n at Object.init (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Programs/balena-etcher/resources/app.asar/generated/gui.js:3951:49)\n at main (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Programs/balena-etcher/resources/app.asar/generated/gui.js:3633:12)","message":"Cannot convert undefined or null to object"}
console.<computed> @ C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Programs\balena-etcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\raven-js\dist\raven.js:58

It’s work working for me either, I’m getting the same problem.

Same

/Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/raven-js/dist/raven.js:58 {“stack”:“TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object\n at Function.entries ()\n at Object.init (file:///Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/generated/gui.js:3951:49)\n at main (file:///Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/generated/gui.js:3633:12)”,“message”:“Cannot convert undefined or null to object”}
console. @ /Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/raven-js/dist/raven.js:58

on 2 machines: MacOS 10.14 & 10.15

Same here on MacOS 10.15.3 with 1.5.74

/Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/raven-js/dist/raven.js:58 {“stack”:“TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object\n at Function.entries ()\n at Object.init (file:///Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/generated/gui.js:3951:49)\n at main (file:///Applications/balenaEtcher.app/Contents/Resources/app/generated/gui.js:3633:12)”,“message”:“Cannot convert undefined or null to object”}

Hi, we confirm that there’s a problem with 1.5.74. We are working to fix it. Meanwhile, can you use previous version? https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/releases/tag/v1.5.73 . Sorry for inconvenience. Duplicate of Problems with Etcher 1.5.74 Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 .

Hi, the fix for this is now released in v1.5.75.
Thanks,
Zahari

1 Like

No GUI appearing with version 1.5.74 with either Portable or Install.
Same result after rebooting the system and trying to Run as administrator.

||| just a blank grey window |||

CTRL+SHIFT+I >>> _Developer Tools _Console

[error message in red]

=======================================

C:\Users- -\AppData\Local\Temp\1XMKJPoYGSl05MPXtmXo2X7Ea9d\resources\app.asar\node_modules\raven-js\dist\raven.js:58 {“stack”:"TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object\n at Function.entries ()\n at Object.init (file:///C:/Users/- -/AppData/Local/Temp/1XMKJPoYGSl05MPXtmXo2X7Ea9d/resources/app.asar/generated/gui.js:3951:49)\n at main (file:///C:/Users/- -/AppData/Local/Temp/1XMKJPoYGSl05MPXtmXo2X7Ea9d/resources/app.asar/generated/gui.js:3633:12)",“message”:“Cannot convert undefined or null to object”}
console. @ C:\Users-
-\AppData\Local\Temp\1XMKJPoYGSl05MPXtmXo2X7Ea9d\resources\app.asar\node_modules\raven-js\dist\raven.js:58

=======================================

msi GP63 Leopard 8RF [Laptop]
^ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 + Intel UHD 630

Win 10.0.18363 [no updates available]
nothing unusual about system nor having any problems with anything else

Hi, the fix for this is now released in v1.5.75.
Thanks,
Zahari

2024-04-20 Windows 7 x64 Pro Balena Etcher v1.18.ii still opens with a blank user interface window, here’s Ctrl Shift I > Console:

Blockquote
index.css:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5 Uncaught Error: The specified procedure could not be found.
\?\C:\TEMP\2STgWLJsTbbUcgcSRvRRh6nhUSP\resources\app\generated\modules\usb\prebuilds\binding\node.napi.node
at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:1812)
at Module._extensions…node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1203:18)
at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:1812)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:988:32)
at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:829:12)
at c._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:13343)
at i._load (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:33:356)
at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1012:19)
at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18)
at Object.defineProperty.value (gui.js:1:202053)
gui.js:1 Uncaught Error: The specified procedure could not be found.
\?\C:\TEMP\2STgWLJsTbbUcgcSRvRRh6nhUSP\resources\app\generated\modules\usb\prebuilds\binding\node.napi.node
at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:1812)
at Module._extensions…node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1203:18)
at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:1812)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:988:32)
at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:829:12)
at c._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:13343)
at i._load (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:33:356)
at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1012:19)
at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18)
at Object.defineProperty.value (gui.js:1:202053)

Now what?

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing @PeterBlaise

Let me share this with the balenaEtcher team to explore what to do here!