"Command failed" error while flashing tails to USB Drive

Hi Folks,

I’m currently having the issue that Etcher won’t flash my USB-Drive with the latest Tails image. As you can see in the image, it says “the CMD Command is either wrong or couldn’t be found” in German. Furthermore,

the developer console gives me this error code:

gui.js:51120 {"stack":"Error: Command failed: cmd /c \"C:\\Users\\candu\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\etcher\\balena-etcher-electron-1ad8b2ec2652.cmd\"\r\nDer Befehl \"cmd\" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder\r\nkonnte nicht gefunden werden.\r\n\n    at file:///C%3A/Users/candu/AppData/Local/Programs/balena-etcher/resources/app/generated/gui.js:71581:37\n    at FSReqCallback.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (internal/fs/read_file_context.js:63:3)","message":"Command failed: cmd /c \"C:\\Users\\candu\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\etcher\\balena-etcher-electron-1ad8b2ec2652.cmd\"\r\nDer Befehl \"cmd\" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder\r\nkonnte nicht gefunden werden.\r\n","code":1,"image":"tails-amd64-4.22.img"}

I’ve tried different USB-Sticks and run everything as admin, but the problem persists.

I’d be grateful for any help.

Quick update:

Tried the same procedure on my girlfriend’s Laptop = it worked!

Glad you got it working eventually @joearroyo – it’s likely a local permissions, Windows Defender, or other security setting preventing it from completing successfully. But, at least you got it accomplished. :slight_smile: