Can't clone a locked SD card.

I’m using ver 1.5.109. I want to clone an SD card to another, but I don’t want to risk losing the data on the original, so I lock the card. However, Etcher won’t allow the locked SD card to be selected as the source. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi Len,
I can not currently reproduce the issue in my environment as I only have a micro SD card reader at hand that does not support locking. Can you send me a screenshot of the dialog that disallows cloning a locked drive ?
I will have to forward this to the etcher team.
Regards Thomas

Please see attached.

Hi Len, I was able to reproduce this behavior. In order to select as a source for cloning, it looks like the card needs to be unlocked. Perhaps you can back up the data just to be safe and then unlock it?

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, that’s not an option, because of the content on the card. I’m unclear as to WHY it has to be unlocked if Etcher doesn’t write anything to it.

That’s a good question. We’ve asked our Etcher team for more information about the locking functionality and will post an update here.

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that this is a bug which should be fixed in the next release.