BalenaEtcher flashed SD for RPI4 on MacOS, but SD was not readable in FINDER

Flashing by latest BalenaEtcher version for MacOS is now possible, but only with Admin Account. But after finishing the flash, the SD could not be read by MacOS FINDER for adding some folders or files. A failure window appears (see below).

• Last year I used BalenaEtcher 1.13 and everything worked fine.
  • Some days ago I tried to flash a SD card for RPI4 with BalenaEtcher again, I was not able to do this w/o admin-rights for the my Mac standard user.
  • But I had to jump to rev 1.14.3 of BE in the admin account, this worked fine.
  • After finishing I wanted to create some folders and a file on the flashed SD, but the SD could not be read.
  • Although I formated the SD before flashing first with FAT32 and second with ExFAT system.
  • This behaviour was not before and I do not know what to do!

Data and Facts around:
old BalenaEtcher version 1.13.1
new BalenaEtcher version 1.14.3
MacOS Monterey 12.6.2
SD Kingston ENDURANCE 32GB
Image of HOME ASSISTENT haos_rpi4_64_9.4img.xz
Failure window see below

Thanks in advance for your support

BR
Thomas

Hi,

what happens when you click Ininialize... in that popup?

• Last year I used BalenaEtcher 1.13 and everything worked fine.
    the bug was introduced with v1.12.0 when the translations were added (it was not able to ask for your password in german :( ) so 1.13 worked only when you ran it as admin from the beginning.
  • Some days ago I tried to flash a SD card for RPI4 with BalenaEtcher again, I was not able to do this w/o admin-rights for the my Mac standard user.
  • But I had to jump to rev 1.14.3 of BE in the admin account, this worked fine.
    the bug mentioned above was fixed in v1.14.3
  • After finishing I wanted to create some folders and a file on the flashed SD, but the SD could not be read.
  • Although I formated the SD before flashing first with FAT32 and second with ExFAT system.
    it does not matter what format the SD has before, the flashing overwrites it completely, it will have the same format as your source image. By the name looks like a linux image probably with ext4 partitions. I am not sure macOS can read them. If you can mount the .img (after extracting the xz) the same way ad mounting a dmg, finder should be able to read the flashed SD as well. If macOS can't mount the .img then the flashed SD will be not understandable for it as well
  • This behaviour was not before and I do not know what to do!
    You should be able too boot from the flashed drive, or you can sure mount them on a linux machine if you want to take a look