Very simple question from a newby.

I’m very new to Raspberry Pi and to Balena Etcher. Im operating from a Windows 11 machine and want to flash a version of UBUNTU Dragon (Software Defined Radio tools) onto a 64Gb SSD.

I don’t want to mess this up on my first try, but i’m concerned about messing things up by making a simply avoided mistake.

Do I just download the Windows X86 64 bit version of Balena Etcher onto my laptop and use it to flash the file DragonOS_Focal_R31.iso onto the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64Gb SSD for use in my Raspberry Pi 4B 8Gb:

It seems to be the logical progression, but I’m not yet familiar with the software/hardware pitfalls to want to jump into this blindly.

If you are not using balenaCloud and just asking about burning SD cards with balenaEtcher you might want to refer your questions to the balenaEtcher Category.

I’m not familiar with DragonOS, but it should work as you mentioned. You just need to make sure you downloaded the correct image. I believe there is an image specifically built for the Raspberry Pi.

1 Like