Unusuable USB stick after flashing

So I tried to flash my USB stick with a version of Linux Mint. I aborted it after Etcher said that there was an error. Now Windows doesn’t even detect the stick if I put it in the computer.
Does anyone know what I can do to fix my USB stick? I actually want to keep using it.

Hi @byKeksYT

You should be able to recover the drive using some of the methods listed here or here

Hopefully this should help.

(P.S. welcome to the forums!)

I’m having a similar issue and tried using clean. I saw the issue tracker about clean not always working, but I’m pretty perplexed as to what I can try.

DISKPART> clean

DiskPart has encountered an error: Access is denied.

See the System Event Log for more information.

System log entry:
Cannot zero sectors on disk \?\PhysicalDrive7. Error code: 5@0101000F

Using 1.5.111

@byKeksYT If you use Linux Mint, just install gparted then recreate a partition table and a partition on that disk. You can follow these instructions: https://linuxhint.com/gparted_ubuntu/ .

@bassgoonist are you running diskpart as an administrator ?

Most definitely running as admin. I can probably just boot from a linux live disk and fix it. I don’t normally have a linux device on hand, but it shouldn’t be too hard.

Probably no way to do this with the linux on windows subsystem

I had exactly the same problem, and none of the suggestions that I could find worked. On a hunch, I downloaded Rufus and used that to partition the USB and now I have it back. :grin: