Support for Jetson Nano?

Jetson nano is quite affordable. Any plans for supporting it?

@Jolting we actually just got some Nanos a few days ago, so hopefully we will have support for it in the coming weeks (depending on how difficult the support is)

You guys mentioned this in the newsletter that was sent out earlier today. :slight_smile:

New device support: Nvidia Jetson Nano

Lots of people around the world have been getting their hands on the new Nvidia Jetson Nanodeveloper kit. “The power of modern AI is now available for makers, learners, and embedded developers everywhere, for just $99.”

We’re pleased to announce that we’ve now added beta support for this exciting new board to balenaCloud and balenaOS. We’re going to be building some example projects soon and we’d love to see what you come up with too.

Get started with the Jetson Nano

I tested it out briefly a few hours ago - seems to work fine with the Jetson Nano I have!

I also noticed that balenalib base images for the “jetson-nano” board have been added to github/dockerhub.

Looking forward to a sample project that use the GPU/inference capabilities of the Nano.

I can’t get the nano to connect via wifi - I have a wifi card in the nano and it will connect to my wifi if I use the Jetson OS but not with the Balena OS

Hey @jeffjenkins1 what wifi card do you have in the Jetson Nano? The built in wifi should be working, and wondering what else are you using, if not that. Also, how do you set your wifi credentials?

There isn’t a built-in wifi in the Jetson Nano. I’m using an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265NGW card with two film antennae which works fine in the Jetson OS. Nothing else in use, wifi credentials were set when setting up the device in Balena cloud

Ah, my bad @jeffjenkins1, it’s been some time since I tried the Nano out myself, and indeed at that time used the Ethernet connection. Apologies for the mixup, and thanks for the extra information.

For the Wifi dongles and cards, not all of them are supported out of the box, and this one is likely not supported as of now. Will have to check with our devices team next week when back in the office about what is the story for the Nano’s wifi. Will keep you posted.

Thank you Gergely! I look forward to an update and please let me know if I can help in any way. It does indeed work with an ethernet connection

@imrehg what about support for the Intel WiFi cards? Has that been tested out of the box?

These are the same cards we’re using in the Intel NUCs.

@jason10 That’s the card I’m using and it doesn’t appear to be supported at the moment

Hi @jeffjenkins1 @jason10 ,

I’ve made an issue on the jetson-nano repo to track this request.

Regards
ZubairLK

Hi. Can you paste the full dmesg ? Most likely we are only missing the firmware for it and dmesg is a way of seeing what firmware it looks for (we could also check the driver code but dmesg is the lazy man’s approach :slight_smile: )

How do I find the dmesg?

Is this what you mean?

dmesg.log (59.1 KB)

Yes, that’s the one. I see the following in your logs:

[ 21.563100] iwlwifi 0000:01:00.0: loaded firmware version 22.391740.0 op_mode iwlmvm

So it found and loaded a firmware after all. Can you paste the output of

ifconfig -a

please?