Setup Hangs at 1/3

Running Windows 10, trying to install running balenaEtcher-Setup-1.5.94.exe, it has been stuck at about 1/3 of the way. I had it installed and running before on this PC.

Hi there, you mentioned that you previously uninstalled a version of etcher - how did you uninstall it?

I managed to uninstall it tonight and then was able to re-install. I used 7-Zip to extract the files from the installer, then ran the un-install .exe that was extracted, and it cleaned up the app out of apps list, and when I re-installed balenaEtcher, it ran fine, didn’t hang up 1/3 of the way thru. Hope it works for you as well.

It eventually came right. It initially didn’t show up under installed programs, but after trying to install it several times, it did. I then was able to uninstall it, and then reinstall it. I take it a previous installation left some files behind, or registry entries, that confused the installer.

Great to hear that it worked at the end! If you remove the application manually instead of using the uninstaller, it will fail to cleanup correctly and this issue can happen. Let us know if you still have issues :slight_smile: