looking for some help please. looking to flash a file onto a usb flash drive on my 2017 macbook pro but it is running EXTREMELY slow. I’ve tried 4 times now and it either transfers at 0.10 MB/s or 0.20 MB/s. the laptop only has 4 usb-c ports. I’ve tried 3 of them all with the same results. the flash drive has a usb-a & usb-c end and both run at this same extremely slow speed. any way to speed this up? the file is only 2.65 GB and it’s a 256 GB drive. any help is appreciated. thank you.
I have the same issue. I’m trying to flash steam deck os recovery 4 from my M1 MacBook Pro Max running Ventura 13.0.1 and the app says transfer speeds 0.20mbs with an ETA 707m17s (which is crazy). I have tried many different USB sticks, with both A and C, however my issue that is different from the OP is that my Flashing % remains at 0%… Can someone please help as I want to upgrade my SSD in my Steam Deck
That’s what I was attempting to do too! Ha! Really hoping for a fix of some sort.
- Copy the SD image to USB
- Go to desktop mode on the Steamdeck
- Use a multi dock/hub.
- Connect a keyboard and mouse to you SD
- Connect your USB into dock and copy the SD image from your USB to the desktop. Remove USB
- Still in desktop mode. Download the Linux version of the software using Firefox and save it also to your desktop
- Reconnect the USB drive again to the SD
- Run Linux Etcher + pick up the SD zip file from your desktop
- Flash (you may get warning that any existing data will be removed)… and PRESTO!! You have now have your bootable drive!!!