Raspberry Pi not appearing in fleet

Hi all! I recently picked up a Raspberry Pi Zero W and have been looking forward to using balena’s products. I’ve installed balenaOS on my SD card, popped it into my Pi and when I boot up the device I can see that it appears on my network.

However, I am yet to see it in the balena dashboard. I’ve been working through any troubleshooting steps I can find, and have SSHed into the device to confirm things are working as I would expect:

PS C:\Users\User>  balena ssh 192.168.68.61
Last login: Mon Jan 23 10:59:51 2023 from 192.168.68.50
root@localhost:~#  cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Model
Model           : Raspberry Pi Zero W Rev 1.1
root@localhost:~# curl -Is https://api.balena-cloud.com/connectivity-check | head -1
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content

My OS information is as follows:

root@localhost:~# cat /etc/os-release
ID="balena-os"
NAME="balenaOS"
VERSION="2.83.21+rev1"
VERSION_ID="2.83.21+rev1"
PRETTY_NAME="balenaOS 2.83.21+rev1"
MACHINE="raspberrypi"
VARIANT="Development"
VARIANT_ID=dev
META_BALENA_VERSION="2.83.21"
BALENA_BOARD_REV="40fbd1f"
META_BALENA_REV="cb00790c"
SLUG="raspberry-pi"

I did have a read of this, but my system boots, and this version is not available to me.

I’ve also connected the device to a monitor via HDMI, and can see that it is booted and doing…something. I’ve attached a photo for posterity. Apologies for the quality:

I’m hoping that I’ve supplied enough information, but will add as much as necessary if it means someone is able to help me diagnose this issue! TIA!

Interestingly, I re-flashed the SD card for the third time, and that seems to have resolved the issue :thinking:

Sorry that I couldn’t be more help for anyone who stumbles upon this in future!

1 Like

Thanks @w3fg6b54n677 for confirming that now everything works.

Let us know if we can help you more in the future!