I’ve been developing with the balenaOS development image on a raspberry pi 4 successfully so far.
I’m now trying to scale the application with a proof of concept fleet with balenaCloud (Free starter mode), so as I understand it need to use image generated from my dashboard in order to preload with the various bits (I’m guessing some certificates & some scripts to fetch updates from a remote endpoint).
I’ve followed the steps as instructed but I cannot get the pi4 to boot.
- No wifi connectivity.
- No cabled ethernet connectivity (just orange connection light)
- No HDMI screen output whatsoever.
- Red power light on constant.
- Green ACT light flashes intermittently/randomly as you might expect during normal operation, no obvious pattern.
Things I’ve checked:
- I can read the SD card on my laptop no problem.
- I’ve tried the same image on another SD card (both 16GB)
- I’ve tried a different(identical) RPi4.
- I’ve reverted to the generic image from the public download link. Works fine no problem.
- I’ve deleted and recreated a new application.
- Tried recommended 2.58.6 and 2.56.0 images.
- Leaving it overnight.
- I’m using balena etcher fro flashing but also tried gparted to first wipe the sd card. No change.
Very grateful for any suggestions of subsequent steps to get me up and running.