Not able to connect to balenasound on Pi 4

Hello, I am new to balenaSound but I have been unable to use it with Bluetooth or Spotify, I do not see it when I scan for devices and do not see it when I look in the spotify app, I’m not sure if I did something wrong but it’s not working for me

Hi Kaleb, and welcome! First question is, how did you build and deploy balenaSound? Did you use the big blue “Deploy with Balena” button on the blog post? balenaHub perhaps? Or the standard git clone and balena push workflow? Basically I want to make sure that the containers have properly built and downloaded to the Pi. :slight_smile:

I just did it with the one-click method

From balenaHub, or, from the Blog post? And in the balenaCloud Dashboard, do you see the device?

I did it using the button in this link: Getting started - Home and the device shows up on my dash

Perfect. In the dashboard, do you see the containers as downloaded? There should be about 7 or 8 services running. Similar to the screenshot here: https://assets.balena.io/blog-common/archive/2020/10/Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-10-45-04.png

I do not see any running services currently, I do have a log window though

Hmmm, strange, it seems like the deploy must have failed then. I think the best bet is to head to the blog, and click the “Deploy with Balena” button one more time: Turn your old speakers or Hi-Fi into Bluetooth, Airplay and Spotify receivers with a Raspberry Pi and this step-by-step guide

It will take a good hour or so to run the build, and then push the containers onto the device.

At the end, you should see the Services listed in the bottom left area, where it is currently blank. Then, you should be good!

Oh, that could be why, I’m thinking it takes only a couple minutes, not an hour or more, and the online marker is completely out of wack so I’m not sure if there is something else wrong with my deployment

Ah - well - it could be still building…that is true then. Otherwise, if there is nothing in about an hour, then click the button again, ha! :slight_smile:

Alright, well thank you for your help then, I do appreciate it, if it’s still not working after about an hour I’ll redo it then

:+1:

Yep, the first build was screwed up

Glad to hear its working now!