No sound with (Supported) GPIO DAC

Hello,

I recently purchased the Hifiberry Digi+ Pro and i plugged it in on the GPIO like it should

I added the configuration variable ‘BALENA_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay’ with value ‘hifiberry-digi’. I also added the environment variable ‘SOUND_OUTPUT’ with the value ‘DAC’.

However there is no sound output with the Airplay or the bluetooth input. the card is recognized with alsamixer (SSH on the audio block). i tried running ‘speaker-test -c1’ (SSH on the audio block) and no sound either.

I tried to remove the sound output variable, now the sound is playing through 3.5mm Jack.

I’m attempting a clean install of balena sound to see if it works then.

Going over the documentation on Hifiberry it says to use hifiberry-digi-pro as a dtoverlay value. I will test this and let you know.

Hi Abdul,

It appears like the Hifiberry Digi+ Pro isn’t on our list of supported DACs:

But that doesn’t mean it won’t work - it just means we haven’t confirmed it works, and which dtoverlay one would need. I agree that from the hifiberry docs, the hifiberry-digi-pro should work:

Please let us know what you find, and if you have any more issues.

Phil

Hello, everything seems to be working perfectly with dtoverlay from Hifiberry. I added an issue on Github incase proper support need to be coded into the software.

Cheers!

Winner! Thanks for letting us know. We’ll get the DAC added to the list.

Phil