No Sound a2dp-codec-sbc.c: SBC decoding error (-2)

Hi
I have a RPi 3 running balenaOS 2.80.3.rev1 Supervisior version 12.10.15 current release 31dbe00

The Pi boots and I can see it and restart it through the BalenaCloud dashboard. The bluetooth broadcasts correctly but when I try to connect I see

audio  E: [pulseaudio] backend-native.c: socket(SEQPACKET, SCO) Address family not supported by protocol
 audio  W: [pulseaudio] module-loopback.c: Configured latency of 200.00 ms is smaller than minimum latency, using minimum instead
 audio  W: [pulseaudio] module-loopback.c: Cannot set requested source latency of 66.67 ms, adjusting to 250.00 ms
 audio  E: [bluetooth] a2dp-codec-sbc.c: SBC decoding error (-2)
 audio  E: [bluetooth] module-bluez5-device.c: Decoding error

in the logs and I get no sound.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards

Hey @roger1!

Sorry for the late response here. From the bit of logs that you’ve posted, I’m assuming this has to do with balenaSound? We’ve received an issue regarding some bluetooth troubles that the team or community will investigate once some solutions or ideas arise. I know this doesn’t solve your issue immediately here, but we’re starting to investigate it now that we’ve seen multiple instances.

I know this recommendation might be a long-shot, but there was a release two weeks ago to resolve some other dependency-related issues. Might be worth trying to reinstall balenaSound and try again. Feedback and questions are welcome. We’re always wanting to improve every bit of our products.

Hello @roger1,

As I was investigating other issues, looks like BlueZ released 5.62 on 17 Oct 2021. Not sure if you’ve already updated, but might be worth a shot to see if there was something on the BlueZ side that got resolved with that release. Let us know what you try!