New board, problem changing the kernel config

I’m working on supporting a new SoM and i can’t figure out why my kernel module changes keep getting overriden. Can anyone take a quick peek and see if they notice something obvious? https://github.com/annymsMthd/resin-var-som-mx6/blob/feature/initial-setup/layers/meta-resin-var-som-mx6/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-variscite_%25.bbappend
It boots on the board just fine but I’m having trouble getting the bluetooth and wifi module working properly and I think i’ve tracked it down to the kernel modules not being loaded

I see these warnings during the build and when I look at the config in the running os I don’t see the changes

WARNING: linux-variscite-4.1.15-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_CRYPTO_LZO=m in the kernel configs failed for zram.
WARNING: linux-variscite-4.1.15-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_WL18XX=y in the kernel configs failed for fixes.
WARNING: linux-variscite-4.1.15-r0 do_kernel_resin_checkconfig: Checking for CONFIG_CRYPTO_LZO=m in the kernel configs failed for fixes.

It wanted CONFIG_WL_TI for the ti wireless chips. I now know a whole lot more about debugging bitbake steps though. I isolated this to the do_kernel_resin_reconfigure step and noticed the .config.old had the values but the .config did not. Looking at the .config it has CONFIG_WL_TI as not configured so I changed it and bingo.

Hi.
You can also debug it like this:

$ source layers/poky/oe-init-build-env

And then:

$ MACHINE=imx6ul-var-dart bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

This last command will present a curses interface to the kernel configuration so you can search for a particular config and see that dependencies it needs

About the wifi, did that change make it work for you?

I’m still working out getting the ti module to work correctly but it did take me a step in the right direction.