How connect Fold to my personal Rossetta@home account

I want to help with the Corona research with a few rasp Pi 4’s. but i want the points in my Rosetta@home account how can i connect Fold to my account?

thanks

Bas van Waarde

I am interested in doing this as well - did anyone ever come up with a solution ?

Hello! thank you for asking on the forums.

If i’m not wrong, on the website when the service is running on your device. Go to the top right and there is a menu where you can introduce your Rosetta@home ID.

Let me know if that works on your side.

Hi mpous, thank you for your prompt response. I will take a look at this shortly, in the mean time I have just found the following, here:

By default, your device will contribute work units to the Fold for Covid team. To override this and contribue to a team of your choosing, you can set your account authentication key by using the environment variable ACCOUNT_KEY , set from the balenaCloud dashboard. This will automatically update the XML configuration file with your key and ensure you’re credited for completed work units.

I’m posting this here now in case it helps someone else - once I have had the opportunity to look into this more closely, I will report back with my findings.

Thank you again for your previous response, mpous.

I cannot check the web UI as per your suggestion as this appears to be broken. A quick look at the forums suggests that this is not uncommon on the Pi 4 but I need to read the previous posts a bit more clearly. The terminal on mine is going mad constantly closing and restarting the UI service but in all other respects the product seems to be working. My Pi has been crunching for approx 14hrs now and I am seeing credits being applied to my Rosetta@home account.

So for basvw and anyone else who might be reading this with the same question, what did I do ?

Firstly I deployed the application from within my own Balena account’s dashboard as the GitHub page I referenced earlier suggested a change to an environment variable. It’s easy to do from there.

Once I had an instance of the folding client on my dashboard and before I connected any devices to it, I went into the “Environment Varables” tab for the application and added “ACCOUNT_KEY” and my “Weak account key” from my Rosetta account. This is then applied to any device connected to my Balena account running the client without any further changes on startup.

At the time time of writing, have had 291 credits applied to my account across 8 units, 3 of which have already completed using this method.