Flashing Error on Windows 7

Hi…been trying to flash an image,specifically a “recalbox-86.img.xz” based on a Youtube video :Turn An Old PC Into A Powerful Emulation Machine - RecalBox x86 - YouTube .But there is always an error : " Attention Something went wrong.If it’s a compressed image please check that the archive is not corrupted. The command failed is : “C:\User\ENDUSE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\balenaetcher-electron–5812-MYYzu0VSoGos-.cmd”.

Hello @jayden1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To better diagnose what’s going on, what kind of SD card are you using? Also, which version of Etcher did you download?

One thing to also try is the portable version of Etcher for Windows. If you go to balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives, click the down arrow on the right side of the download button, there should be a Windows portable version. Try that one and see if that works.

Let us know how we can help.

I am flashing into a USB, I tried the April 2018 and the Latest Version

Hello @jayden1

Can you confirm that you are using Etcher v1.5.116 and that you have tried the portable version as suggested?
You could also try running Etcher as an Administrator to see if that makes any difference. When the problem occurs please press Ctrl-Shift-I in Etcher and post the console output text here.

Hello @jayden1

Are you still having problems with this issue? Please let us know if we can help further.