Elevated process died unexpectedly

Good day,

I checked other threads asking after this error but they were on older versions or other OSs and did not apply. Im on Manjaro currently, and trying to load Ubuntu gamepack on to a Kingston DT G4 16gb. below is the dev tool report

gui.js:76035 {“stack”:“Error: The elevated process died unexpectedly\n at createError (file:///tmp/.mount_balena4bxz5u/resources/app/generated/gui.js:21862:23)\n at Object.createUserError (file:///tmp/.mount_balena4bxz5u/resources/app/generated/gui.js:21874:16)\n at file:///tmp/.mount_balena4bxz5u/resources/app/generated/gui.js:92674:34\nFrom previous event:\n at Object.elevateCommand (file:///tmp/.mount_balena4bxz5u/resources/app/generated/gui.js:92653:25)\n at async Server. (file:///tmp/.mount_balena4bxz5u/resources/app/generated/gui.js:91631:37)”,“message”:“The elevated process died unexpectedly”,“description”:“The process error code was 126”,“report”:false,“stackCleaned”:true,“image”:“ubuntu-game-pack-18.04-amd64.iso”}

I’ve reinstalled Etcher and verified the iso but no joy. I appreciate your time and how active the devs are in the support forums.
Cheers!
Phrogas

Hey Phrogas, welcome to the forums! Just to confirm. Did you try running the application with sudo to discard any permission issue that might be there. Also, please let us know your OS and balenaEtcher version. Is it the latest appimage?

Of course. I am using the latest version of Etcher, 1.5.102. And here is my OS and hardware info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.72.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.6.19-2-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 16 × AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Radeon RX 590 Series

I have been running it with AppImage Launcher, but sudo gives the same error

Hi there, could you perhaps check the summary section of this issue (https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/issues/2881), and try the solution suggested? Let us know if it helps, thanks.

Hey @phrogas were you able to solve the problem by using what Ryan suggested? Let us know how that went.