Dump1090-FA keep disconnecting

Hello @atoi68!

I wanted to follow up here. Have you had a chance to walk through the set up once more with the info and context provided by my teammate? Please let us know if you can replicate these steps and see Raspberry Pi3 in the dropdown, or if you need more help.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m Ketil, the maintainer of the balena-ads-b project. I just found this thread randomly on the forums and am very impressed by your dedication to solving @atio68’s issue. A big thanks! I believe he is up and running now, on RPi3 32bit. Should further problems or questions related to this project come up, don’t hesitate to mention me in the posts. I’m happy to assist. I just realized that I hadn’t registered myself in the forums, but that’s fixed now.

@atio68 is correct about the project not working on RPI 3 64bit. The reason seems to be that it runs a slightly older host OS release than the RPi 4 64bit (where balena-ads-b runs fine). This older version has a bug in the USB implementation, which causes the feeder program to crash.

Do you know if there are any plans to bump the RPi 3 64bit image to a newer OS version?

Kind regards,
Ketil

Hi Ketil,
Good to have you around in the forums to help fans like me using your app :slight_smile:
We don’t have specific plans to upgrade the OS for the RPi3 64. This said we might suddenly support it if we find enough people demanding it. Even better, maybe someone in the community jumps in and contributes to it :slight_smile:
See you around!

1 Like