Detects USB Drive but will not let me select the drive to flas

I have tried 3 usb drives, one was 1TB another 128gb and both didnt work so I went out and bought a 16gb thumb drive. I have tails-amd64-4.14 loaded on the thumb drive and Etcher 1.5.103 loaded on my Windows system, as follows:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎9/‎18/‎2020
OS build 19042.685
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

After I select the Tails file on my USB drive it takes me to select Target but will not let me select the target to flash.

I have disabled my virus protector, windows defender, run Etcher as administrator, run etcher from the thumb drive, etc and have not been able to get etcher to let me select the thumb drive. (see attachment for image)

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you’re trying to flash a Tails image to your USB drive? Where is the image located, on your PC? The screenshot you shared makes it look like you chose “clone drive” from the main menu trying to clone your USB drive, which is why it’s not available to select as a target. Can you try choosing “Flash from file” from the main menu, then choose your USB drive as the target?

Let us know what you come up with. Thanks!

That was it, I loaded tails onto my USB and was selecting that location for the install. Instead, I downloaded tails to my computer and selected that file in Etcher, and the USB was available to flash. Thanks!

I also have the same issues, but it doesn’t let me select the USB drive as the target.