I am having a few problems with balenaSound, and the one thing I can say is that they are consistent with different Pi 3B devices, and different 16 Gb SD cards but a standard Pi branded power supply.
- I install balenaSound to my SD card following the guide. I use the 32-bit OS version.
- The Pi is started with the SD card, and moments later I see it on my dashboard, updating. Take 20-30 minutes.
- Then I configure it for what I want. I don’t want multiroom, I do want the volume higher, and I do want audio to come from the 3.5mm audio jack.
- I also change the name of the device as it appears on Spotify/Bluetooth, and on the dashboard.
- Everything works.
- Then, something catastrophic happens. Audio stops (if I am playing audio, this morning I was not), the device disappears from the dashboard, and the green LED on the Pi flashes quickly four times, repeatedly, ad infinitum.
- The only option at that point is to pull the power (something I hate doing of course) to restart the Pi.
- Once restarted, the device works again apparently normally.
Can anybody help me to debug this? It’s so frustrating, and of course unusable like this.