What is the opposite of balena push <FLEET_NAME>

Ok so I’m still wet behind the ears. I have a Pi4 with BalenaCloud(Production) and I pushed the balena-hello-world and all is good it works internally and after the Public URL externally. I can stop the balena-hello-world under the Service tab.

I must be missing something I have searched but there has to be a way to remove balena-hello-world so that I can try something else.

I tried a couple of docker commands but I’m unsure where to even submit the commands.

I guess I should play with the Developer Mode and only push to Production for the final product is what I feel at the moment.

There’s no real need for a specific command to remove a service - if you push a new configuration that doesn’t include your balena-hello-world service then it’ll be automatically removed.

Think of the docker-compose.yml as being less an instruction on what should be installed on the device, which then needs managing somehow, and more as a description of what state the device should be in once everything is released. If you don’t mention something in that file, Balena is going to interpret that as the thing no longer needing to exist, and so delete it.

1 Like

Hello @MrLimoAK first of all, welcome to the balena community! Thanks @JonWood for your support!

I must be missing something I have searched but there has to be a way to remove balena-hello-world so that I can try something else.

If you need to remove the services running you can deploy a new application on the fleet. On the other hand, if you want no services running on the fleet my recommendation is to create another fleet and move the device to that fleet without any release.

I guess I should play with the Developer Mode and only push to Production for the final product is what I feel at the moment.

My recommendation is to read this Going to production - Balena Documentation and also try the LocalMode during development.

Let me know if you have more questions!