USB hub (10x) for writing multiple Pi images to SD cards, 1 is ok; 9 cards not booting

I have a 10 port USB 3.0 hub (ICY BOX IB-AC6110) with external power supply. I use this hub to flash a Raspberry Pi image to 10 or less cards at once using Etcher. Etcher indicates that flashing is succesfull. But, only one SD card actually works; when I put this card in a Pi, the Pi boots. With all the other cards, the Pi won’t boot. Nothing happens, I don’t get the Pi logo and the activity led stays off (it’s only blinking a couple of times in the beginning, after that it’s dead). This behaviour happens with Etcher on Windows 10 Business 20H2. When I try the same on Ubuntu, all cards actually work.

I’ve compared the files (that is, the bytes) on a “good” and a “bad” card, they are identical. I also compared the MBR of the cards, they are the same except for the identifier.

It looks to me that the problem is with Windows, but I have no idea where to look further. And since our company uses Windows, it has to work with Windows.

Anyone an idea?

I’ve compared the files (that is, the bytes) on a “good” and a “bad” card, they are identical. I also compared the MBR of the cards, they are the same except for the identifier.

If you change the identifier to the correct ID does this fix the problem? Are you meaning the partition ID specifying (in the case of the linux boot partition) a FATFS partition? What is the identifier changed to?

I don’t have my test setup working anymore, but I’ve seen different ID’s with every write, so I guess there is no “correct ID” since the ID changes when the image gets written to the card. I think it was indeed the Volume ID.
I’ve now a workaround, it turns out that on another PC with a different version of Windows 10 (1809) it actually works. So I guess there’s “something” with a driver on my laptop.