Update or Unistall/Install

Hello! I have Balena Etcher 1.4.8 and I want to update to the latest version 1.5.30. I didn’t find description of unistall or update balena etcher (mac os 10.13) Sorry for my bad english that sometimes i choose wrong expressions but can it be true that this could be done by dropping old version to basket and install the new version? So this program doesn’t leave any trash on my mac as usual?

Hi @Sevy and welcome to the forums!

The easiest way of doing this is to download the new version and drag it to applications in the usual way; it will automatically overwrite the old version.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for answer. Almost sure, that I will follow your advice tonight I when get home. I asked because I accustom that any program that I want to uninstall leave some strange trash on my mac. The worst but not appropriate example is microsoft office or Intellij Idea

Etcher is conceptually a simple application (select image -> drive -> flash), so it doesn’t leave clutter around the OS and we recently upgraded its core with our new etcher-sdk, which turned out to be way faster in some situations.
Let us know if you have any issues!

thanks