Supervisor stuck

Hi
I am a bit new to this, so please excuse me being a total rookie. I am trying to set up a cam using a Raspberry 3b+ but it is some how failing. I can see in log that supervisor is starting but it does not move on. I am getting all green on the devise health check. Should i reflash and start over ?

Hope you can help.

Hi there, welcome to the forums! Let’s see if we can help you out.

For starters, since you mention you are new to balena/docker, are you following any guide/tutorial or are you just trying out the platform?
About the supervisor, it usually takes a few moments to start up. How long has this been going on? Device healthchecks passing is a good indicator I wouldn’t say you need to reflash. Perhaps if you can share the logs you get we can take a look and see if there is anything wrong.

Hi, thanks a lot !
Well, iam following the guide for the Balenacam / Kerberos .
Supervisor starts on rebbot but get stuck. Left if for several hours at this point. I am using the 32 bit version as i had issues getting the 64 bit to work with the v2 camera module.

The log says
Supervisor starting
Applying configuration change {“SUPERVISOR_POLL_INTERVAL”:“900000”,“SUPERVISOR_DELTA_VERSION”:“3”}
Applied configuration change {“SUPERVISOR_POLL_INTERVAL”:“900000”,“SUPERVISOR_DELTA_VERSION”:“3”}
Creating network ‘default’
Applying configuration change {“SUPERVISOR_DELTA”:“1”}
Applied configuration change {“SUPERVISOR_DELTA”:“1”}
Rebooting
Supervisor starting
Rebooting
Supervisor starting
Supervisor starting

That does not look very good indeed although with the shortened version of the log you provided we can not really see much. Maybe reflash and make sure to verify the write. If the problem persists, you could try to grant support access, pm us the device UUID and we can take a look.

Hi
I have sent you a PM, but unsure if ive done it correctly.

Hi there, everything is working correctly, you just haven’t pushed a release, so the device has nothing to run. You probably just need to click “Deploy with balena” button here: https://www.balena.io/blog/make-yourself-a-security-camera-system-in-30-minutes-or-less/#deploy

Hi,
You were correct, thank you ! :slight_smile:

Great to hear that you got it working!