(1) In our product, we have mounted a “ReSpeaker 2-Mic HAT board” on “Jetson-Xavier-Nx-Devkit”.
(2) We have intially tested the HAT board with Nx-Devkit running Jetpack. For HAT board to work, we need to make certain changes to the device tree, which we did by loading a DTBO file under Jetpack.
(3) However, now we are moving towards balena. Since balena does not support loading the DTBO files on xavier, as discussed here the alternative for us would be to create a new MACHINE_OR_TARGET .
(4) For local testing, we added a new MACHINE_OR_TARGET called jetson-xavier-seeed-hat on our fork. However, while trying to create the balena os image, build fails with following error:
Device type could not be found in the API, exiting
(5) I guess, to resolve the error described under step-(4), we need to request a new device id for our hardware. Is this correct? What will be the procedure for this? Can we just submit a pull-request and balena team will consider this? Or is there any other procedure?
Can some one from balena team let me know how to move forward on this issue.