I’m currently working on a project to exend the Balenafin with RS 232 connections to external hardware. Unfortunately I can’t get it running. Hopefully you can help!
What I have and what I did so far:
- Installed the balena customized raspbian Image
- I have this Hat https://www.waveshare.com/2-ch-rs232-hat.htm and attached it.
- Followed the instructions for the setup here: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/2-CH_RS232_HAT
- I removed every customization I made to the boot/config.txt file and added the appropriate overlay as stated in the setup.
- Activated the SPI communication in the /boot/config.txt file.
- I got the hardware interfaces in the /dev folder
- Connected the custom Hardware and send via RS232, the light on the Hat flashed as it’s recieving data, but I can’t recieve data while listening to the ports with “cat /dev/…”
Before I connected the RS232 via the GPIO Ports and everything worked - what am I missing? Any ideas? Any help would be highly appreciated as I’m stuck with no ideas left.