Reboot and Restart options no longer on the dashboard

@mike.dean currently if there are notes present they will still display on the summary screen - I agree that’s not clear either and so we’re looking to improve that and get the functionality closer to how it was prior to v15 as well. :+1:

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to update you on our internal discussions about the changes in version 15.0.0 of the dashboard. Given the user feedback we have received, we have had some consideration and discussion on how to proceed and improve the UI/UX. As a result, we have added the Actions dropdown back to the Device summary card in version 15.2.0 of the dashboard in order to re-enable quick actions. The Actions dropdown now consists of all of the operations in the Actions page (Identify, Restart services, Reboot, Purge, and Shutdown) and the Delete operation. This is just a part of the changes we will be making to improve UI/UX since the 15.0.0 update, so please bear with us while we continue to work on improving the user experience.

3 Likes

I pin/unpin releases, and toggle device url fairly frequently. Can we please have these back on the summary page?
I would prefer to have supervisor and OS updates there too, but they are used much less frequently, so the extra click isn’t quite as painful.

3 Likes

hey

I pin/unpin releases, and toggle device url fairly frequently. Can we please have these back on the summary page?

both of these should now be possible again with dashboard version 15.7.0

let us know if this helps

thanks

1 Like

Hello, just wanted to update everyone about the actions and settings operations. As of dashboard version 15.14.0, we have added edit buttons to all fields in the Device Summary Card that correspond to settings on the Device Settings page (with the exception of Local mode which remains on the Device Settings page and is being discussed further internally). This means that all actions and settings operations which were available on the Device Summary Card before version 15.0.0 of the dashboard are now available there again. Please let us know if you have anymore questions or feedback.

2 Likes

Perfect again :wink:
Thanks

Thanks @fritz