Possible to get BalenaSense to display temp in Fahrenheit?

yup no problem, I am fairly certain I should be able to reproduce this locally, so no problemo

1 Like

just an update from my side, i managed to reproduce this on my rpi0, looks like there is a problem with the engine that this project seems to trigger on the rpi0. On monday I will get the engine engineers to take a look at my device and hopefully we can root cause it.

That worked perfectly, @phil-d-wilson. Many thanks for the assist!

ā€“Chris

Thank you, @shaunmulligan!

Hereā€™s a little more from the last crash after moving device to another locale in home:

=============================================================
Welcome to balenaOS

root@56ca97f:~# journalctl -b -a -f -u resin-supervisor
ā€“ Logs begin at Fri 2020-01-31 15:19:42 UTC. ā€“
May 23 19:01:18 56ca97f resin-supervisor[18754]: activating
May 23 19:01:18 56ca97f systemd[1]: resin-supervisor.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=3/NOTIMPLEMENTED
May 23 19:01:18 56ca97f systemd[1]: resin-supervisor.service: Failed with result ā€˜timeoutā€™.
May 23 19:01:18 56ca97f systemd[1]: Failed to start Balena supervisor.
May 23 19:03:28 56ca97f systemd[1]: resin-supervisor.service: Start-pre operation timed out. Terminating.
May 23 19:03:28 56ca97f systemd[1]: resin-supervisor.service: Control process exited, code=killed, status=15/TERM
May 23 19:03:29 56ca97f resin-supervisor[19743]: deactivating
May 23 19:03:29 56ca97f systemd[1]: resin-supervisor.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=3/NOTIMPLEMENTED
May 23 19:03:29 56ca97f systemd[1]: resin-supervisor.service: Failed with result ā€˜timeoutā€™.
May 23 19:03:29 56ca97f systemd[1]: Failed to start Balena supervisor.

I have this exact same issue with my balena sense installation. It just stops working and the supervisor is stuck in a failed to start state, even without a pi reboot or shutdown. The only way I have found to fix this is to re-image the SD Card and redeploy the application

1 Like

Itā€™s crazy. Iā€™ve stopped rebuilding and left my instance in a failed state. As indicated above, the good folks at balena should be looking into this after the weekend. Iā€™m reading that others, too, are experiencing same.

Hi, weā€™ll be looking at this issue during this week and let you know the results.

1 Like

@karaxuna Thank youā€¦ Very much appreciated.

Hi @shaunmulligan -

Any traction on this issue?

ā€“Thanks / Chris

copy: @karaxuna

Hi,

Our engineers are still looking into this issue. Thanks for your patience.

John

Thanks @jtonello. Much appreciated.

Has their been a resolution to this issue as I had the same problem as @chrisism, or are the engineers still looking into it?
See: Air Quality Monitor Problem #RPizero #BME280
Cheers.

Hi @roj, our engineers are still working on that.
Thanks for bearing with us.

1 Like

Any update yet on this shutdown/re-start problem, please? Its 11-days now since the issue was raised by @chrisism and Balena engineers working on it confirms @georgiats
I shutdown my Balena-Sense project last night to make some changes to the hardware location, but came to re-start it and weā€™re back to the same old problem - it wonā€™t restart! Its the tunnelling error showing again with error code 500.
The supervisor starts and then hangs, but the services are all running.
Cannot go into production with this problem hanging over the project.
More help required please?
Regards,
@roj

1 Like

Hi @roj,

Updates to this issue will be posted in the following thread:

thanks!

Thank you and subscribed to other thread.

Thanks. I attach here the relevant post for future reference: Startup and Shutdown problems #balena_sense