open-balena and debian bullseye

I am trying to set up open-balena according to the getting started guide and I run into a problem after starting the docker service:

In this step:

./scripts/quickstart -U <email@address> -P <password> -d mydomain.com

I omitted the -d mydomain.com command for now, because I just wanted to test the setup process locally, before moving it to an server instance. My guess is, that this is not related to my error.

Shortly after, when proceeding with this step:

systemctl start docker
./scripts/compose up -d

I run into the following error (is this maybe because Ubuntu 18.02 and Debian Bullseye handle cgruops differently?):

ERROR: for openbalena_haproxy_1  Cannot start service haproxy: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint openbalena_haproxy_1 (...): Error startin userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:80: bin: address already in use

ERROR: for haproxy  Cannot start service haproxy:  driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint openbalena_haproxy_1 (...): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:80: bin: address already in use

ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the Project

Hi @golemun - Docker is upset that port 80 is in use. Could it be that you have some other application like nginx or Apache2 already using that port? Could you verifiy that?

I don’t really know, but I think open-balena needs to configure certificates to work, so it probably must have a domain configured, but some of the open-balena experts will know that better :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer! I used a clean VM, nothing installed but open balena. I will install all the certificates first and come back if the error still occurs.