Only have linuxmint not dual boot to revert to Windows. I'm stumped

Hi all, All the help I can find refers to dual boot when it comes to reverting back to Windows. I only have linuxmint on my laptop.
I DL balenaEtcher but I don’t know how to either run it or install it onto my usb stick. This is the main reason I want to go back to Windows as every little thing with linux seems to require joining a forum to ask How-to.

Hi

So you want to install an operating system on your USB stick using balenaEtcher - and you are on linuxmint right now - is that right?

Yes. I want to remove Linux Mint and put Windows back

Hi Gary, I understand, Linux does have a bit of a learning curve, sure. However, we don’t generally recommend using Etcher to write a Windows installation USB stick. To create a Windows install media, you are probably best using their native tooling, which is located here: Create installation media for Windows

I am not sure if you can run that utility on a Linux machine, you might need to actually use another Windows machine in order to use it. But, that is your best bet for then creating a Windows-USB stick to replace the OS on your laptop.