Not getting QR code when trying to enable 2FA

Heya, I’m trying to switch my authenticator app on balenaCloud, and thus I’ve disabled 2FA, and trying to to re-enable it. However I get a pop-up without the QR code in there (not what it is supposed to be). Any idea why this might happen?

What I see (as is, there’s nothing covered up):

(the little speech bubble is KeepassXC browser plugin trying to fill in the code, don’t mind that)

I’m on Firefox 124.0.2 (64-bit) on Linux. Have uBlock Origin, but did try when it was disabled as well, so that’s probably not the culprit.

1 Like

Hello @imrehg thanks for sharing this issue.

We also realized about this and i could reproduce it on Mac. We are working on it! We will keep you posted :slight_smile:

Apologizes and let’s stay connected

Thanks

1 Like

@imrehg it’s weird that i fixed this on my browser opening the inspector tool of the browser. Let me know if that works for you!

Our dashboard team is exploring the issue and we will fix this as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Hey @mpous, when I retried it today, the QR code pop-up worked, so I could set up 2FA. I guess its either something with my browser, or the fix that you’ve mentioned… Either way I’m set now, thanks!

As a side-note / bonus feature request: it would be good if not just the QR Code can be shown, but the code itself, so one could add it to 2FA tools (like KeePassXC’s TOTP), where the code is used directly. Most other sites regularly offer this “can’t scan? see the code here!” access. It’s a bonus, though.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks @imrehg i will share your ideas with the team!