Node-Red on BeagleBone

Trying to get node-red running on beaglebone black and I was successful until I tried installing the node-red-node-beaglebone nodes.

[Build]    make: Leaving directory '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red-admin/node_modules/bcrypt/build'
[Build]    added 648 packages in 222.048s
[Build]    npm ERR! As of npm@5, the npm cache self-heals from corruption issues and data extracted from the cache is guaranteed to be valid. If you want to make sure everything is consistent, use 'npm cache ver
ify' instead.
[Build]    npm ERR!
[Build]    npm ERR! If you're sure you want to delete the entire cache, rerun this command with --force.
[Build]
[Build]    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

[Build]    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2017-07-11T18_18_22_909Z-debug.log
[Build]    Removing intermediate container d5341b034425
[Error]    Build failed: The command '/bin/sh -c JOBS=MAX npm install -g node-red node-red-contrib-resinio node-red-admin node-red-node-serialport && npm cache clean && rm -rf /tmp/*' returned a non-zero code: 1
[Info]     Uploading successful layers to registry for caching purposes
[=================================>                 ] 66%
[Info]     Successfully updated cache.

remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To gh_kanr@git.resin.io:gh_kanr/bg08.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'gh_kanr@git.resin.io:gh_kanr/bg08.git'

Can anyone point me in the right direction I am still new to nodejs and resin. Thanks! please let me know if there is any more information I can provide to help clear this roadblock.

I have read through, and am wondering about, wether I should try and run the alpine-diet branch that has a pull request waiting to be reviewed? How to use Node-RED deployed with resin.io on a device?

https://github.com/resin-io-projects/resin-node-red/pull/4

I am running this pull request on my board and will be update the pull request with my findings. So far so good, testing the addition of new nodes now.

“npm cache clean” seems to be responsible for the error you have, try to remove this or use “npm cache clean --force” as said in the error.

I’ve made some alpine test with gpio interactions and it doesn’t look good :
https://github.com/resin-io-projects/resin-node-red/issues/5