No sound on RPi4 with IQAudio DAC Pro

Hi everyone.

I’ve spent the last several hours researching and trying to diagnose my issue with balenaSound and I’ve gotten quite frustrated. Things were working perfectly yesterday until my network needed a reboot. Afterwards, it all went downhill.

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running balenaOS 2.94.4, but I have this issue on 2.88, too. I’m using the balenaSound 3.8.9 release. I get no sound out of either the onboard headphone jack nor my IQAudio DAC Pro. I have BALENA_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay set to iqaudio-dacplus.

Here’s what I’ve tried based on other forum posts.

• Updated to balenaSound 3.8.9 from 3.8.2 via Balena CLI
  • Tried DT as ‘audio=off’ and ‘audio=on’ without changes between either (rebooted when changes made).
  • Set AUDIO_OUTPUT as AUTO, DAC, and RPI_AUTO with no luck.
  • Set SOUND_MODE to STANDALONE
  • Set BALENA_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay to iqaudio-dacplus

Spotify Connect, Bluetooth, and AirPlay all see my RPi (named “Office Speakers”). Spotify connects fine, but I get a Bluetooth passkey error when connecting from my MacBook. I tried to test AirPlay functionality, but the app I used continued to play through my laptop speakers. However, there’s no sound out of the Pi, DAC or no.

Attached is the output from ipaddress/support. Please let me know if there’s anything else you need from me. Thanks!

20220323-balena-sound-jccpalmer.txt (6.4 KB)