More progress on EtcherPro

Back in December we posted all the latest information about EtcherPro on our blog: https://www.balena.io/blog/state-of-the-etcher-pro/

Since then, things have been progressing well and so I’ve some photos of the latest photos of the case prototype to share with you.

This third image shows how multiple EtcherPro units will be able to slot together, enabling daisy-chaining and simultaneous write of more than the 16 cards offered by a single standalone unit.

If there are any questions post them here and we’ll answer them. I’ll keep this post up to date as we work through the prototyping and get ready for production.

1 Like

I’ve got a new render to share today:

Let us know if you have any comments or input!

Chrisys,
I cannot wait for the new Etcher Pro to come out. Will there be Pre-Sales starting soon and will there be a need for testers of the model.

Robert

Hey @Lyrod we haven’t finalised the process we’re going to use to launch yet, but the best way to keep informed is to sign up to the mailing list if you haven’t done so already!

Here’s a little insight into the R&D process the housing has been through:

1 Like

Looking good! Any news about the progress with the devices or when a pre-order might be available?

@redecs, at the moment, we are wrapping up the development and moving on to production shortly. We aim to start shipping devices end of August. We are considering to open preorders sooner. Thanks for your interest.

2 Likes