We are using balena etcher pro for flashing our devices
We want to introduce one additional step between flash and select
Is there any way to update the code/runtime of balena etcher pro?
Are there sources available to build it by my own?
Your EtcherPro is a balena product and the source code is open.
Before starting: some word of warning:
- THIS MANIPULATION WILL EXPOSE AC VOLTAGE WHICH CAN BE FATAL, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED FURTHER IF YOU ARE NOT VERY AWARE OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY.
- Opening the device might also VOID THE WARRANTY.
Please refer to the getting started guide for more details on that, especially:
You can create your own fleet using “Etcher pro” device type in balenaCloud, then:
- download the balenaOS and corresponding configuration (Wifi credential…) to a SD card,
- turn off the ether pro,
- insert the SD card in the internal SDcard slot (you have to open the EP device to access it),
- the switch to boot from the SDcard,
- turn on the Etcher pro.
The EP will reflash from the SD card and should appear in your dashboard. When it is done:
- power it off,
- remove the SDCard
- reset the switch to it’s original position to boot from internal storage.
Now you are all set, you can fork and adapt our code from here to match your needs. When it is how you want it, just
balena push to your etcher pro fleet and it should work.
Let us know if this helps with your request.
One question - can I back to the original image later?
The original image is the default configuration of the fleet, so you can always use
balena push a fresh version of the git repository above to get to the latest update version of the fleet.
I just read through the documentation links I added in my original post, openning the device WILL void your warranty (from here you have
Attempting to disassemble the device will void the warranty, and could also cause injury or harm.)
We are discussing internally to find if we can hand-out the device control without requiring you to open the device.
I definitely don’t want to lose my warranty
Could you also point me where is the source code of balena etcher pro?