Linux imaging, Every time I try to image linux onto a usb, I need to reformat it.

Every time I try to image linux onto a usb, I need to reformat it. I have tried creating new volumes in disk management, I have formatted it, then tried to image it again, but that doesn’t solve the problem either. And when I try to boot from USB that doesn’t work either.

Hello, Please could you describe exactly the steps you took, and what happened - Were you able to flash the image with etcher, or did you receive some kind of error?

I have the same problem. Balena seems to do what it should do, but after the flashing process is finished I see to drive letters for my sd card. One on wich the image is installed and one empty. Inserting my SD in my raspberry pi should result in boot but nothing happens.
I have the latest balena version on a win 10 machine.

@huguesdohmen unfortunately getting a machine to boot linux off a USB or flash drive requires not only flashing it correctly but also an image that works. To take a look into your problem we need to know more about what image you are flashing and the exact steps you are taking to do so.