[Known Issue] Etcher does not work on Ubuntu 22.04 and Linux Mint 21

Unfortunately Etcher do not work after system upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 and Linux Mint 21.
I get the following error message:

[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘clarifyTimeoutError’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘forcedJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘silentJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
[2021:0808/073404.915382:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn’t usable. Goodbye.
/tmp/.mount_balenaMH2frj/balena-etcher-electron: Zeile 10: 2021 Trace/Breakpoint ausgelöst (Speicherabzug geschrieben) “${script_dir}”/balena-etcher-electron.bin “$@”

Please update balenaEtcher to dis version
Regards, Pius

Hi

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like a known issue. Not opening in Ubuntu 22.04 · Issue #3761 · balena-io/etcher · GitHub

This appears to be due to a bug in electron which has been fixed: electron/electron#31091

We are working to update the version of electron used by etcher.

We have noted your request. You can keep track of the work on this on the above linked etcher github issue.

We will also inform you when this is fixed. Thanks

Using the flags --no-sandbox or --disable-gpu-sandbox or --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox when launching etcher should load etcher but this is not advisable. use at your own risk

see Not opening in Ubuntu 22.04 · Issue #3761 · balena-io/etcher · GitHub

I have the same error on LinuxMint 21 :frowning:
OK… run this app in AppImageLauncher / shortcut to the desktop with an added parameter:
--no-sandbox %U
my post is just an example

/home/kris/Applications/balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64_557bf8372a94ca1194ababd60b29f9e3.AppImage --no-sandbox %U

or
https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/issues/3639#issuecomment-1153285345

Any updates on this? I am having a similar issue and cannot install Etcher on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS