etcher wont open on Debian 11

So the installation works fine on etcher. If its via .deb file or as AppImage. But if I try to open it , it doesnt work. When trying to open the AppImage Etcher I get this output:

No protocol specified
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.
/tmp/.mount_balenaCOUeQI/balena-etcher-electron: line 10: 24427 Aborted (core dumped) “${script_dir}”/balena-etcher-electron.bin “$@”

and when I try opening Etcher as an app after having installed it via .deb, it just wont open. I click on it and nothing happens.

Same on arch, on manjaro, on ubuntu

tmarkee@arch ~ ./balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘clarifyTimeoutError’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘forcedJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘silentJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[1147731:1024/164031.035265:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn’t usable. Goodbye.
/tmp/.mount_balenazbq3SV/balena-etcher-electron: line 10: 1147731 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) “${script_dir}”/balena-etcher-electron.bin “$@”

on ubuntu:

tmarkee@ubuntu:~$ ./balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage
dlopen(): error loading libfuse.so.2

AppImages require FUSE to run.
You might still be able to extract the contents of this AppImage
if you run it with the --appimage-extract option.
See FUSE · AppImage/AppImageKit Wiki · GitHub
for more information

ok libfuse2 installed, and then

tmarkee@alderaan:~$ ./balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘clarifyTimeoutError’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘forcedJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
[Axios v1.7.9] Transitional option ‘silentJSONParsing’ has been deprecated since v1.0.0 and will be removed in the near future
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
[70012:1025/171930.585932:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn’t usable. Goodbye.
/tmp/.mount_balenaKAXaJU/balena-etcher-electron: line 10: 70012 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) “${script_dir}”/balena-etcher-electron.bin “$@”

and finally on manjaro:

tmarkee@manjaro: ./balenaEtcher-1.7.9-x64.AppImage
[2720:1025/172430.421320:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn’t usable. Goodbye.
/tmp/.mount_balena8v1eiv/balena-etcher-electron: line 10: 2720 Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped) “${script_dir}”/balena-etcher-electron.bin “$@”

I use Gigabyte NV1030 GPU + driver 520.56.06 on Gigabyte B560M DS3H V2 motherboard; intel i5 11400F

Hello, I was not able to reproduce that error on a fresh install of Debian 11 with the same version of the Etcher Appimage. Does anything happen when you simply right click on it and select “run”? As for the “futex” error, perhaps this issue: The futex facility returned an unexpected error code. · Issue #24211 · electron/electron · GitHub might be useful for troubleshooting? Also just curious if you get the same error running on the command line as sudo?