Kerberos CCTV issue

This project was, briefly, working fine. Shut down, unplugged it, moved it, plugged it back in, switched it on, and the CCTV is just snow…

Tried a reboot, still nothing.

Any ideas, please?

Hi,

could you please elaborate a bit?

• Can you see the device online in the dashboard?
  • Are you able to access the web management app and the issue is only with the actual image from the camera?
  • Can you see any error in the logs in the dashboard?
  • What device and what camera are you using?

Thanks

Can you see the device online in the dashboard?

Yes

Are you able to access the web management app and the issue is only with the actual image from the camera?

Yes

Can you see any error in the logs in the dashboard?

I don’t think there was anything there, beyond the “waiting for machinery message”

What device and what camera are you using?

Pi 2B & Logitech HD webcam

Incidentally, the Pi and Camera both work fine on the original Motion.conf setup.

Thank you.

Good to hear you were able to find a working setup so is there anything else we can do for you?

Some misunderstanding here. I’d like the kerberos system to work.
motion.conf is an old, old, old webcam cctv system.

How do I get the camera image back on Kerberos, please?

Thank you.

That is my bad, sorry for that. I have just tried to replicate your issue and I was able to do that. Could you please have a look at the “System” tab in the web management app and look for any error messages in the “Log” box on the left?

Also could you please try to restart the application from the dashboard (not rebooting the whole system) and see whether that helps. This did the trick for me.

Hi,

/10/2020 14:53:37.492 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:37.574 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:37.658 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:37.727 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:37.802 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:37.905 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:37.985 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:38.070 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)
13/10/2020 14:53:38.199 INFO  [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (30/FPS)

Thank you.

Hey Richard,

Based on those logs it sounds like your FR is set too high. Here’s a link to some documentation from Kerberos: https://doc.kerberos.io/opensource/machinery

Please note that this number is limited and depends heavily on your hardware setup. You'll be receiving following warning in the systems logs, if the machinery can't write the desired FPS: [trivial] IoVideo: framerate is too fast, can't record video at this speed (8/FPS)

I believe 30 is the default framerate. You can lower the framerate by editing the framerate parameter in the captures config file. It should be located at /etc/opt/kerberosio/config/captures.xml

If this works for you, I would suggest making a copy of this file and storing it alongside the project. Then add a line to your dockerfile to copy over the captures.xml file with your edited version. That way your changes will persist when the application is rebuilt

Hope that helps

Lucy-Jane