Make a security camera system in 30 minutes or less

Please use the thread below to discuss the related blog post:

1 Like

Hi there,
I am running the APP with Kerberos on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and it works nicely!
However, I am trying to access it from a remote location with no luck so far…
Would you recommend that I do port forwarding for this?
Is it possible to change the port from 80 to something more random for safety?
I do not know any computer languages but I find my way intuitively…
Thank you!
Federico.

1 Like

Hello @frnini did you try the Public Device URL on the balenaCloud dashboard?

Out of that, you might go to the kerberos repo and try to play with the ports there.

Let us know how do you proceed!

Hi @mpous thanks for the help - yes the Public Device URL did the trick for me.
It was not working before due to router configuration but now it is :slight_smile:
BTW,
Is there a way to update the WiFi credentials? (SSID name and pass) Currently I am connecting the camera to Ethernet since it is tricky to create a new Balena device every time I change the WiFi pass - the only way I know how to do it is by inserting the credentials when creating the device but I am sure there has to be a more practical way:

For context, I deployed the provided OS image on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ with Etcher.

Thank you!

Hello @frnini

Did you try to add wifi-connect to your application? balenaHub - IoT embedded device apps, edge computing resources, and developer tools

Give it a try and let us know if that works for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

For Now I just re-deployed the Device.
I am running the Kerberos Hub SaaS app and the Balena OS image provided in the original post, so I cannot change the App.
Could there be a way of changing the SSID and pass by accesing the Balena-Cloud terminal?
Thanks again!

@frnini find here some instructions to change the WiFi credentials from balenaCloud Terminal. Let me know if this works for you → IoT Happy Hour #57: balenaOS network setup with NetworkManager - YouTube

Thanks a lot! will try this, but right now I am having an issue with balena etcher which I need to solve first - I am getting a blanck screen.
Will update soon, cheers!

We’ve release the new Kerberos Agent with a new technology stack and most-wanted features. We’ve also created a brand new Balena Block and Balena App called video-surveillance.

We’ll be creating a new recording as well, and might update the existing blog to be up to date.

1 Like