Installing BalenaSense with a touchscreen

Hello,
I want to use the balena sense project on my raspberry 3b+ with a 7 zoll touchscreen attached. I managed to follow the instruction (https://www.balena.io/blog/build-an-environment-and-air-quality-monitor-with-raspberry-pi/) of the project with success, but I’m not able to show the grafana overview page on my raspberry itself. Instead, it only shows the balena logo. Is there a way to do this?
I’m sorry if this is a really simple question, I’m fairly new to all of this and I just have no idea where to start looking. Also, English is not my first language.

Thank you in advange! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to the forums o/

I think you can find the necessary bits for what you’re trying to achieve in this project:

The wpe service is the one that implements showing a website on the display.

Let me know if you need any help :slight_smile:

Thank you for your quick response! :slight_smile:

This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish! But… Is there a way to install both projects, the balena sense and the dash project on the same device? I tried pushing the dash project to the same device but it deletes the sense project. I feel like I’m missing something…

No installing multiple projects on one device is not possible atm.

What you want is to just copy the wpe service into the balenaSense docker-compose.yml. Essentially you need to create your own modified version of the example project.

Thank you so much! I will try that!

Edit: It worked! Thank you so much! It took me a while to understand what exactly I have to to, but eventually I understood. Thanks!

Cool!
If you decide to share your project you can link it here. Maybe that will be helpful to future visitors of this thread :wink: