Installing a script

Hello,

I’m new to Balena and very confused about many new issues.
I successful migrated a TTN V2 Gateway with RPi3 and an IMST iC880A concentrator to TTS V3 and tried to reinstall the same behavior I had before. I use a ch2i-hat for the Pi which can address four LEDs on GPIO 4, 18, 23 and 24 and I am unable to do. I need a little help to get it work with BalenaOS.

The Pi has a USV attached that safely shut down the Pi on power cut. It is controlled by a little routine (piusvmonitor) that need to be installed in BalenaOS. How can I do it?

BR,
Hans

Hello @HaSch first of all apologizes for the long delay answering your question! Did you finally succeed migrating your gateway from TTNv2 to TTNv3?

I don’t have a LoRa concentrator IMST iC880A, having said that, usually the problem it is on the RESET GPIO and it depends on the hat/adapter you are using to connect the iC880A to the Raspberry Pi.

If the loRa concentrator is not properly reset before stablishing the connection via SPI it will probably fail (concentrator not found).

Check as well what GPIO is using the “old packet forwarder”, if it’s Gonzalo Casas’ backplane it uses GPIO25 (physical pin #22).

Let me know if that works!

I succeeded migrating the TTNv2 gateway to TTNv3 but NOT using Balena. As I tried Balena I succeeded too, but NOT with the same behavior as before. Therefore I used another way. If it were possible to get the LEDs, sensors and the PiUSV working in Balena I would switch back.

Hi @hasch what was your alternative? RPi3 should have no issues with the LED, but I am guessing that TTN could possibly be using something specific to an OS for accessing the LEDs, rather than something that is cross-OS.

Hi @danthegoodman1 I made it with this repo.

Hello

If it were possible to get the LEDs, sensors and the PiUSV working in Balena I would switch back.

Can you please provide more details showcasing how this is failing on balenaOS? some logs would be helpful. Thanks

Unfortunately it isn‘t possible to send that informations because the gateway us running NOT using Balena. Sorry.