I can't get Grafana to start

I have done everything I think to make it work and I see in Balena Dashbord that Sence is working, but when I type the local ipnr for my sensor nothing happens. What am I doing wrong, So please can someone give me step by step instructions?

Hello, are you using the balenaSense project from here: GitHub - balena-labs-projects/balena-sense: Take readings from a BME680 or similar sensor on a Raspberry Pi, store with InfluxDB and view with Grafana ? What do you see or what message do you get when you browse to the “LOCAL IP ADDRESS” as shown in your device’s balenaCloud dashboard?

Hello @losholmen first of all apologizes for the delay here and welcome to the balena community.

Were you able to solve your issue? Did you follow the steps shared by my colleague?

I have not solved the problem of seeing the page with graphics. i have activated and when i go to the ip address of the raspererry, nothing happens, the same if i go to the public address. what am i doing wrong? Is there a video with a tutorial?

Ted Edberg
Lösholmen 151
742 91 Ă–sthammar
+46706930907

@losholmen could you please confirm the application that you are running and the release version?

Thanks!

I have followed this instruction but when I enter my local ip address, in my case 192.168.1.149, nothing happens. should it be a port number after ip address?

Ted Edberg
Lösholmen 151
742 91 Ă–sthammar
+46706930907

Hello, you should be able to browse to the local IP address and see the dashboard. No port number is necessary. Is the computer you are browsing from on the same network as the device? You could also try enabling the “Public device URL” and click the diagonal arrow next to that. Are all of the services listed on the dashboard showing as status “Running?”

Yes both pc and rpi are connected to the same router. and when i enable public url. then I get the attached picture
image0.jpeg

Ted Edberg
Lösholmen 151
742 91 Ă–sthammar
+46706930907

Just to confirm, is the homeassistant service listed on the dashboard showing as status “Running?” Also, do you see any errors in the “Logs” window on the dashboard?

It looks like this, and When I click on one of the IP addresses, nothing happens

Ted Edberg
Lösholmen 151
742 91 Ă–sthammar
+46706930907

@losholmen i see that your device is on Factory build target release, and the current release is as well Factory build. That means that there is no application released on your fleet.

What application are you trying to run on your device?

I am trying to run sences from an RPI 4B with BME680 sensor. Now I have come further and now the welcome to balena page opens.

@losholmen did you try to follow the step by step here? balenaSense v2: Updated temperature, pressure, and humidity monitoring for Raspberry Pi

Clicking the blue button Deploy with balena should help you to release the balenaSense application on your fleet and directly to your device.

Let us know if that works!

Now I got it to open in grafana thank you very much for your help !!!

1 Like

No problem @losholmen let us know if we can help you more!

:+1::blush:

1 Like

I have followed this instruction but when I enter my local ip address, in my case 192.168.1.149..

@sumodont could you please confirm what happens?